Sunday, January 2, 2011

Installing the last window is momentous!

Last window house #1 2007- Last window house #2 2010-
So, I know it is 2011 but this was one of our last projects of 2010. It was 9 pm and I was in my slippers, standing outside in my robe, hoisting a giant window into the giant opening in the wall. Hoping that the neighbors would not mind our construction noise for just 30 more minutes. After which, Greg said "Got it?" And I prayed the weight of my head would support the mass long enough for him to place a few nails! It did.

Since installing this window a lot of people have asked us why we wanted to put a giant window in our homes most intimate space? I get it, I really do. But my first thought is, "Why not?" I can think of about a-ga-gillion reasons to do it, natural light being my first and most prominent reason. My second is good design. My third, natural light. Fourth, balance. Fifth, have I mentioned natural light? Because really, it's reason enough for me!

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll have beautiful window treatments as well lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always with the light :D Well, one way to maintain windows and to keep the natural light is to keep weatherstripping up to date. Weatherstripping should be done between the movable parts of windows. These serve as shields that keep wind and moisture out, and cleaning these periodically keeps the weatherstripping intact. However, if too much is damaged, it will be best to replace the whole of it.

    Danielle Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly, the very last window should be momentous once done! It's the end of the line, when it comes to window installation. But maintenance and taking care of it shall never stop there. It takes a lot of hardwork to maintain it, too, right? :) - [Sharron Folkes]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natural light always saves us energy costs, too. Just make sure to always clean your window, and maintain them so that you may enjoy as much natural light you want. ; )

    Keven Sumrell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Danielle. Keeping tabs on your weatherstripping and making sure to clean them will certainly keep your window away from leaks. Cleaning weatherstripped structures in your house will let you also observe if there is any damage in them.

    - Lida Swisher

    ReplyDelete